How do I get PIN access?
All enrolled students are automatically allocated a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to gain access relevant to their enrolled subjects. This number is confidential and strictly for personal use only. Your PIN will allow access to the Peter Johnson building (Building 6) after hours. (holidays and during out of semester periods when the building is locked) this isn't necessary as students do not have access all of the time, especially over the Christmas holidays and it will only confuse the issue.
To obtain and check your PIN Access use the PIN access website - you must have activated you student Email account.
If you have any problems, please check you pin number first. If it is different from what you have, your problem is solved, use your new pin number. If it is the same as what you already have, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Student number
- Pin number
- Area you trying to access
- Date and time you last tried your pin number, and
- Your phone contact
Please note that you only have access to the following areas, during the semester only, as specified below, unless exceptional request has been made by subject coordinators:
- Photo Labs: Mon-Fri, 9am-8.30pm only with no weekend access
- ID Workshop: Mon-Fri, 9am-12noon and 1pm to 4.30pm only with no weekend access
- Print Worksop: Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm only with no weekend access
The electronic access keypads located near access doorways and locked facilities are operated as follows:
- Press the START button, numbers will be displayed randomly on the ten number keys.
- Key in your PIN using the number keys and press the Finish key.
- The lights on the keypad will show green if your PIN access is successful or red if not. If the lights are red - try again.